Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Razor's Edge feeding program

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bok05

bok05

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Razor's Edge feeding program Empty
PostSubject: Razor's Edge feeding program   Razor's Edge feeding program Icon_minitime12th April 2008, 2:19 pm

Razorsedge Feeding Program.
By Razoredge:

Stage one: The dam

Prior to breeding, you should have a health check and worming done on your female.
You should also require the stud to have the same, and all the testing needed to be done prior to breeding. Your vet should know the things you will need to have checked

After breeding, the female should go on a high protein diet. Preferably Eukanuba Premium Performance (and try and free feed). I also supplement Powdered Brewers Yeast (a little over a teaspoon). She should be on a once a day Nuvet Vitamin as well. The last two weeks of gestation, I sprinkle the powdered milk over the food (a little over a tablespoon). Minimal exercise from this point on. Also, make sure she has access to constant fresh water. Preferably refresh twice a day. I also add a teaspoon of the Electrolytes/Vita-lyte to the water until after weaning.
After birth, continue this same program through the weaning faze.

Stage 2: The puppies

Always be sure you keep a packet of Re-sorb on hand. You may never need this, but it could be a lifesaver in a situation when a puppy is dehydrated. Also cut their nails bi-weekly from this point on for the rest of their lives. Always keep the puppies in a warm and "DRY" area!

At around 3 ½ to 4 weeks, I mix up the powdered milk with water and electrolytes and have the puppies lap it before nursing.

4-5 weeks I do the same thing, except I mix in Eukanuba Small Breed Puppy. Let it soften then mix it with the milk to a soupy consistency.
I also give each pup one syringe/3cc of Nemex X2 wormer orally. Make sure you let them swallow at their pace, too fast could force the fluid into their lungs.

5 weeks I give them a plain Parvo shot
Make sure at this point the puppies are starting to wean off the mother and should be fed at least 3 times throughout the day. The food should be more of an oatmeal consistency now. Nurse no more than 3 times a day/night.

6 weeks I give them Nemex X2 again, this time 4 ½ cc's. The food should be slightly wetted now with the milk still mixed in. A bowl of water should be available at all times.
I give them a shot of Prevent-Vac7 now. Two days after the worming. Maybe still nurse once at night.

7 weeks the food should be almost dry with the powdered milk still added.
No more electrolytes. Always fresh water available at all times. They should be completely weaned from the mother now.

8 weeks No more mommy! Dry food with added powdered milk. Also start to add a teaspoon of the Brewers Yeast to the food. At this point start to give them a half of the Nuvet vitamin daily!

9 weeks Elevate the food and water so they have to stand up straight to eat and drink. Continue this elevating for the remainder of their life. It is always good to feed dogs on a hard surface and keep their bowls elevated so they stand straight while eating and drinking. Give a third worming with Nemex X2 6-9 cc's. 2 days later another Prevent-vac 7 shot. Exercise should just be free roam play. Feeding should be free feeding or 3 times a day. At least 15 minutes of outdoor play time daily from this point on. More is better. This is the key time to really interact with your dogs. From this point on you should be establishing your bond. You can also get them used to leashes at this point. Don't try to put too much training, just familiarize them with the leash.
12 weeks feeding and care are still the same. Another Prevent-vac 7 is given. Training can take place at this age.

13 weeks give them the 3-day Safe Guard worming. Use as directed by weight. I usually mix it with some canned dog food.

15 weeks another Prevent-Vac 7

3-31/2 months stop the milk replacer and just feed dry food with the Brewers Yeast and the half of Nuvet Vitamin daily. Feed twice a day now or free feed. Fresh water always available. You will not need the electrolytes again unless on hot days, after exercise, or during dehydration.

6 months switch feed to Eukanuba Premium Performance adult. Give another Prevent-vac 7 again, and another 3 day Safe Guard treatment. You should also get a rabies vaccination at this time from your vet. Exercise should be the same, free roam and play only. Also feed twice a day or free feed. 4-6 cups if needed. Continue the Brewers Yeast and now up the Nuvet vitamin to a whole one a day.

1 year you should be on Eukanuba Premium Performance, a whole Nuvet vitamin daily, 1 tablespoon Brewers Yeast, fresh water, elevated food and water, free feed or twice a day, free roam exercise, at least 15 minutes outdoor activity a day, and a lot of care and training. You should also give another Prevent-vac 7 and Safe Guard treatment.

1 ½ years your dog is now out of the puppy stage! You can begin to do more physical working now. Repeat everything from 1 year of age, except you can discontinue the Brewers Yeast now. Training is usually best to do free roam working. Hiking, Biking, Running, swimming, etc… Just keep an eye on your dog and watch for over exertions, over heating, limping, etc… Keep them on the same feeding and water plan. Also the same Nuvet Vitamin. You can use mills as well, but I recommend outdoor exercise. I prefer to Bike and Hike, or run them with my 4-wheeler. We may not all have this possible to us, so mills and jogging are great as well. Never more than 45 min.-hour a day. Also always skip a day in between.

2 years you should have a mature, good, looking, well behaved, and healthy dog!
The feeding, exercise, vitamins, training, etc…all remain the same now until around 6 years of age. I recommend a prevent-vac 7 yearly now. A Safe-Guard or like treatment every six months. A Rabies shots as needed. Also yearly check ups.

After 6 years, you may need to cut back the food or switch to Eukanuba Maintenance. You might also want to change the Nuvet vitamin to the Nuvet Joint Vitamin. At this age heavy exercise is not recommended.
Back to top Go down
http://rickjettkennel.multiply.com/

Razor's Edge feeding program
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pitbull Discussion Board :: 
Discussion Board
-
Jump to: